As the new year approaches, it is easy to look back and reflect on what you did and what you didn't accomplish this past year. Make this new year the time that you check off some major achievements, while improving and enhancing your overall quality of life. You owe it to yourself to make the coming year one of positive change and personal growth!
Five things that you deserve in 2017 are:
- Fix that smile. Your smile is the first thing that others notice about you. If you have battled crooked or damaged teeth, make this the year that you invest in dental work. More and more adults are perfecting their smile with invisible braces, veneers, and cosmetic dentistry; talk to your dentist about the options available to you.
- To get healthy. Make a commitment to eating better, moving more, and getting healthier this year. Start with realistic and viable goals, such as walking to work each morning or giving up sugary soft drinks. These smaller achievements will contribute to a healthier you in 2017!
- To start setting boundaries. Begin to learn how to set and maintain boundaries with others, from coworkers and clients to family and friends. Don't sacrifice your own happiness trying to satisfy those around you. For many, this takes a lifetime to learn; try to be more assertive with what you want this year.
- More time doing what you love. Begin to prioritize time for yourself and doing what you enjoy the most. For instance, cut the work day short once in a while for a family meal or take a sick day to spend a snowy afternoon lounging and reading in bed. Carve time out in your schedule for these activities, and protect it as you would an important meeting with a client.
- To see the world. Treat yourself this year to a trip; it doesn't have to be across the globe, but go somewhere you have never been before. Travel is an eye-opening and personally fulfilling endeavor, and it can really help to put life in perspective. It may also serve to give you an 'attitude of gratitude' for all that you have in the year ahead.
Use these five suggestions to create your own list of goals for the coming year, and treat yourself. Whether that means setting aside more time with family or investing in invisible-braces to straighten your smile, you deserve it. Make an investment in yourself, and make this the best year ever!